Amoud University Main Campus, Borama
Foundation in Engineering Lecturer
We are looking for a Civil Engineering lecturer with experience in teaching and research to join our team of civil engineers.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Conduct Tutorials, lectures and workshop sessions in order to deliver the programme set within the curriculum.
- Prepare project briefs that have clear objectives, assessment criteria, deadlines, schedules, and expected outcomes.
- Prepare teaching materials that may include visual aids, handouts, lecture notes, manuals, coursework, assignments and examination papers.
- Direct and develop a personal research programme leading to publications in Amoud University Academic Journal and other international peer-reviewed academic journals.
- Contribute to the development of the faculty and the university through the generation of research and teaching excellence.
Civil Engineering Lecturer Requirements:
- Must have a minimum Bachelor's degree (preferably Master's degree) in Civil Engineering.
- Applicants should have at least two (2) years teaching Experience.
- Fluency in English language.
- Possess sub-specialization in geo-technical engineering.
- Preference given to applicants who can start immediately.
Please send in your comprehensive resume to:
You can also contact us on:
+252 63 4503676 or
+252 63 4581177
Deadline of submission:
Please submit your application before 18/09/2020 at 11:59am EAT(East African Time)
Written Examinations will be conducted on 19/09/2020 at 10:00am at Amoud University main campus
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Amoud University Senate meeting held on Sunday, August 23rd, 2020 effected new changes on routine activities affecting Amoud University, main campus, Borama for all undergraduate programmes.
Faculty of Education, Amoud University hereby announces commencement of new courses for the coming Academic Year September 2020/ July 2021.
Amoud University Main Campus
We are looking for a Restaurant Manager to lead all aspects of the business. You will deliver a high-quality menu and motivate our staff to provide excellent customer service.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need management skills and experience in both front and back of the house. We want you to know how to oversee the dining room, check-in with customers and balance seating capacity.
Back of the house management experience is also essential, as you’ll hire qualified Cooks and Wait Staff, set work schedules, oversee food prep in compliance with health and safety restaurant regulations. Ultimately, you will ensure the restaurant runs smoothly and customers have pleasant dining experiences.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Coordinate daily restaurant operations and deliver superior service and maximize customer satisfaction.
- Respond efficiently and accurately to customer complaints
- Regularly review product quality and search for new vendors
- Organize and supervise shifts
- Appraise staff performance and provide feedback to improve productivity
- Estimate future needs for goods, kitchen utensils and cleaning products
- Ensure compliance with sanitation and safety regulations
- Manage restaurant’s good image and suggest ways to improve it
- Control operational costs and identify measures to cut waste
- Create detailed reports on weekly, monthly and annual revenues and expenses
- Train new and current employees on proper customer service practices
- Implement policies and protocols that will maintain future restaurant operations
Restaurant Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor degree, Diploma, or Secondary certificate.
- Five years of proven Experience working in the restaurant industry.
- Bookkeeping knowledge.