that endeavors to consolidate the culture of Quality, and to implement its standards in teaching, learning, scientific research, university departments and community service. The QA Office plays a bench marking role for the University institutions to verify implementing its mission through commitment of continual development of all its academic and administrative activities.
The Quality Assurance Mission:
The QA Office popularizes the culture of quality in the university, and qualifies its faculties and institutions for implementing the standards of Accreditation and Programs Quality assurance according to the targeted educational outputs. It endeavors to improve performance and services, and to establish an assistant environment for the persistent development of the university and academic performance in order to acquire the community trust in the alumni according to definite and explicit performance standards.
The QA Office Goals:
- To enhance the Quality and Accreditation culture in the University.
- To pursue carrying out the University Accreditation as per the Ministry of Higher Education requirements.
- To conform the University policies and plans set up for the Quality Assurance requirements.
- To prove the ability to provide sufficient services meeting the students' demands and heighten their satisfaction through
the effectual implementation of the Quality Management System; and to verify the continual improvement processes.
- To build reciprocal and connective relations with the regional and foreign corporations of assessment, Quality Assurance
The QA Office Duties:
- To build up and to develop the human capabilities in the University in order to accomplish and sustain the array of
- To make the strategic and executive plans and mechanisms for accomplishing the Quality Management array in the
- To ascertain that the systematic revision processes and how far the strategic goals and plans coincide with the University
- To advocate the faculties in setting and implementing the reference academic standards relevant to its different
programs; and in conformity with the Somaliland National Commission for Higher Education Standards at minimum, and to upgrade them
by benefiting from the modern international standards.
- To assess the staff performance in order to ensure the educational process quality on the one hand; and to simplify the
functional procedures to sustain the students' trust in their institution on the other hand.
- Submit periodical reports to the Board of Trustees including the Quality Assurance System performance and suggestions
to improve it.
- The Quality Assurance and Accreditation Office
The Office of Quality Assurance includes the two following departments:
- The Educational Process Quality Department which verify that the various academic departments in the University implement standards of Somaliland Commission for Higher Education at minimum and how far these standards take advantage of the world standards for each specification either at the level of the educational programmes curricula or the teaching and learning methodologies or the ways of assessing the faculty staff performance. The department also scrutinizes the accomplishment of accreditation files for the faculties, and the accuracy of these files data.
- The Service Quality Department which works on establishing the Quality Management System under the measures of International Standards Organization; and verifies its implementation and maintenance.
The Director, Office of Quality Assurance:
Shall be appointed by the President and selected from among the experienced staff in the field of the Higher Education accreditation requirements, quality system and service quality. He is considered as the executive manager of the Quality Assurance Office and pursues the implementation of the resolutions of all university units concerned with monitoring and evaluation of standards enforcement.