Faculty of Computing and Informatics, Amoud University, held the opening meeting for the second semester March 2021/ July 2021 Academic Semester on Thursday, March 4th, 2021.
Course Adds and Course Drops for Second Semester March 2021/ July 2021 is currently open. According to Academic calendar, Amoud University, September 2020/ July 2021, course adds and course drops are valid from Tuesday, March 2nd, 2021 until Thursday, April 1st, 2021.
Course Adds and Course Drops
- A student may add (course add) or drop (course drop) a course from the existing credit load so long as there is justifiable grounds to do so, and so long as the minimum or the maximum credit loads for the programme for the semester are is exceeded.
- A student cannot add or drop a course to/from his/her existing credit load after the fourth (4th) week of the semester.
- A student cannot add a course to his/her existing credit load if his/her CGPA is less than 2.50.
- A student may drop a course from the semester course load if:
- The GPA for the semester, or the CGPA is less than 1.50; or
- There are justifiable reasons to do so.
- A student who has dropped a course or courses from the semester course load;
- Shall be required to add more courses to the next semester load to cover up for the courses dropped; or
- Shall take longer to graduate than others who did not drop course/s during the study years.
Grade Appeal for Second Semester March 2021/ July 2021 is currently open. According to Academic calendar, Amoud University, September 2020/ July 2021, the grade appeal is valid from Tuesday, March 2nd, 2021 until Tuesday, March 16th, 2021.
- Results shall be released by the Dean after approval by Senate.
- A student who is not satisfied with his/her grade in a course may appeal to the Chief Registrar for remarking.
- The application must be lodged within the first two (2) weeks of official date of release of results by the faculty.
- The student should apply in writing through the Dean/HOD, and should specify;
- The course code and course title for the grade in dispute;
- The reasons why (s)he thinks that the grade is a not a true reflection of his/her performance.
- The student shall pay a remarking fee as determined by Senate.
- The Chief Registrar, in consultation with the respective Dean of faculty, shall appoint two (2) examiners to remark the paper. The examiners shall:
- Be persons who are knowledgeable in the course and are teaching the course or have taught the course before.
- Use the same marking guide used by the original course tutor to mark the appealed script.
- Mark the script and submit individual and collective report to the Chief Registrar.
- The New Grade shall be the final grade of the student in the course irrespective of whether it is better or not.
- The new grade shall be presented to Senate for approval and further direction.
Prof. Suleiman Ahmed Gulaid, President, Amoud University, on February 28th, 2021 appointed Mr. Bashar Elmi Yey as Dean, Faculty of Business and Public Administration, Amoud University.
In an official communication through a letter of reference number AU/ADM/1019 and dated February 28th, 2021, the president made the announcement, copied to all office holders, Amoud University.
The office fell vacant after Mr. Abubokor Said Ali, outgoing Dean, Faculty of Business and Public Administration, Amoud University, resigned to pursue other personal interests of nation building. The university wishes him all the best in his new endeavours.
The president cited the recommendations of Vice President, Academic Affairs and the performance of the appointee in his immediate former role as Director, Quality Assurance and Maintenance of Standards (QAMS), Amoud University, as factors inclusive of what was taken into account during the decision making process.
According to the letter, the appointment takes effect as from Monday, March 1st, 2021.
We wish Mr. Bashar all the best of success in this new appointment and future endeavours in this new and challenging role as he seeks to build further the Faculty of Business and Public Administration from where his predecessor has left.