OFFICE OF COUNSELING SERVICES
APPLICATION, ADMISSION AND REGISTRATION OF STUDENTS
1.1 Admission and Registration of Students
1.1.1 Principles of Admission to Amoud University
- Amoud University recruits, admits, and enrolls highly qualified students from around the region and the globe, through a highly selective process, in recognition of the fact that not every student is suited for the kind of educational experiences offered at the University.
- Amoud University admits students who have the potential to contribute to and benefit from the international-style living and education that the University offers. The University seeks out students who are innovators, and who will one day make a difference in their chosen careers, in their home communities, and in the world.
- The University admission process is personalized and highly competitive. The individualized application process ensures that every applicant receives an objective consideration. Selection for admission to the University is based on a variety of factors, which are specified in our various specific and general University Statutes.
- The University admits into the specific programs only those students who meet both the general and specific university’s admission criteria.
1.1.2 Qualification of Students to be Admitted
To be admitted to an undergraduate programme at Amoud University;
- An applicant must hold a Somaliland General Secondary School Certificate (SGSCE) of at last grade “C” or its equivalent from a recognized examination body.
- Applicants with other “equivalent” qualifications like General Certificate of Education (GCE) will have their certificates and qualifications vetted by the University.
- Specific programs may have additional requirements. Applicants must satisfy the requirements for specific programmes to be admitted into those programmes.
1.1.3 Application Process
- The office of the Vice President, Academic Affairs, shall advertise vacant spaces at least two (2) months before the beginning of the new semester for which admission is open.
- Qualified and interested applicants shall purchase application forms from the Finance Office at a cost specified in the advertisement. The application fee is non-refundable.
- The applicant shall make a formal application in the prescribed application forms and provide all the necessary information as specified in the application forms.
- Admissions Committee shall process the applications. The admission committee shall be chaired by the Vice President, Academic Affairs, and shall reserve the right to grant admission.
- Successful applicants will be issued with admission letters at least one (1) month before the first date of the new semester for which the admission was advertised.
- The admission letter shall specify:
- The programme to which the applicant has been admitted;
- The official reporting dates;
- The tuition fees for the programme; and
- Other additional requirements. Such additional requirements will depend on the programme the applicant is admitted to.
- Students who fail to report within the specified period shall be replaced with those on the waiting list.
1.1.4 Late Application
- Where necessary, late applications may be received within the period specified by the Vice President, Academic Affairs.
- Late applications may be open to all programmes or it may be specific to some programmes.
- The Vice President, Academic Affairs, shall determine:
- Which programmes qualify for late admissions.
- The application fees for late applicants.
1.1.5 The Registration Process
188.8.131.52 Starting Registration
- To be registered as a student of Amoud University, an applicant shall present:
- The original admission letter.
- The original relevant identification documents.
- Original certificates.
- Three (3) passport size photos.
- An ID for the previous semester for continuing students.
- Collect and dully fill three (3) copies of the registration form. The applicant shall provide detailed, true and accurate information.
- Pay the registration fees specified in the admission letter. The registration shall be determined by the Vice President, Administration and Finance, with the approval of Senate.
- Pay tuition fees for the semester in full. The tuition fees shall have already been specified in the admission letter. The tuition fees shall be determined by the University Council.
- Proceed to register at the faculty/school. At the faculty/school; the student shall;
- Present the original admission letter.
- The original relevant identification documents.
- Show the original receipts for payment of tuition fees and present a copy for filling.
- Register for the courses as advised by the faculty/school.
184.108.40.206 Completion of Registration
- A student should have completed registration process at all levels within the first four (4) weeks of the semester.
- The Academic Registrar shall put up a notice on the closing dates of normal registration.
220.127.116.11 Late Registration
- A student, who for valid reasons such sickness, etc, was not able to register within the official timelines shall apply to the Academic Registrar for late registration.
- The Academic Registrar shall determine if the reasons are valid and decline or allow the student to proceed with registration.
- If allowed, the student shall pay a late registration fees as shall be determined by Vice President, Academic Affairs, board from time to time.
- If conditions in paragraphs 1-3 are satisfied, the student shall proceed to register as described paragraphs 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124.
Source (A Policy for Examinations and Related Academic Matters, December 2018)
Each and every programme has an application form to be filled in order to be used to determine admissibility of the applicant to a given programme.