It was established in 1998 with the aim of producing qualified teachers and educationists who contribute to the postwar recovery of Somaliland educational system. The Faculty started with three lecturers and ten students, and has grown tremendously since then. Now it is the largest Faculty of the University and hosts over 60 lecturers and 800 students.
Currently, the Faculty includes five departments, namely department of Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Social Studies and Department of Languages. By providing students with up-to date skills, knowledge and attitude, we prepare students to be competent in a challenging, constantly changing, multicultural work environment. In order to achieve its mission, the Faculty will expand its programs and adopt a variety of modes of delivery.
Amoud University Faculty of Education aspires to be an international renowned center of excellence in teaching and education and to produce knowledgeable, reflective life-long learners who care about the welfare of others and the environment, and who are recognized for their leadership and commitment to the very best in teaching and learning
The Faculty is committed to the advancement of knowledge through reflective teaching, leading-edge pedagogy, innovative curriculum, modern ICT, engagement with learners, environmental awareness and resource optimization. Through its different programs, the Faculty is committed to promote the culture of peace, dialogue, democracy and indigenous knowledge.
- To produce well-qualified teachers in the fields of natural and social sciences.
- To provide in-service training opportunities to staff in educational institutions, Ministry of Education and related fields for the purpose of upgrading and updating their knowledge and competence.
- To sustain an outstanding academic staff dedicated to undergraduate and postgraduate excellence in teaching, learning and research.
- To improve education theory and practice and contribute to the development of the nation by producing quality research and publications in the field of education.
- To provide innovate and diverse academic programs that respond to the needs of the changing world.
- To produce high quality teachers educationists and who are equipped with advanced knowledge in their fields of specialization, up-to date professional knowledge and modern ICT skills.
- To strengthen the education profession through active engagement in significant initiatives, enterprises and activities, and through discussions, debates and the provision of expert knowledge.
The Faculty of Education works with such development partners as Governmental and Non Governmental Organizations, other sister institutions.
Programmes Offered at The faculty
- Bachelor of Science in Education (Biology)
- Bachelor of Science in Education (Chemistry)
- Bachelor of Science in Education (Mathematics)
- Bachelor of Science in Education (Physics)
- Bachelor of Arts in Education (Geography)
- Bachelor of Arts in Education (English)
- Bachelor of Arts in Education (History)
- Diploma in Education (Biology/Chemistry Majors)
- Diploma in Education (Geography/History Majors)
- Diploma in Education (Physics/Math Majors)
- Diploma in Education (Agriculture/ Biology Majors)
- Diploma in Education (Business/Math Majors)