Office of the student affairs
Why the office?
Amoud University strives to foster the fullest development of its students in an atmosphere of care and concern.
Hence the university aspires to create an academic environment grounded in intellectual discovery and guided by rational discourse and civility. The office of students affairs was needed and therefore restored on September 2nd, 2008. the mission or mandate of student affairs is to:-
- support and explain the values, mission and policies of the institution.
- Develop, nurture and promote an enabling environment that supports and enhances both the academic pursuits and other development processes of students.
- Establish policies and programs that contribute initiatives to the university.
- Lecture students on how to resolve individual and group projects.
- Develop student code of conduct.
- Develop and implement programs and activities that assist students to develop their physical, psychological, social, spiritual and leadership capabilities.
- Encourage development of friendships among students and sense of community within the university.
- Help students appreciate and understand ethnic and gender difference.
- Design opportunities for student leadership throughout the university.
- Encourage faculty students interaction in programs and activities.
The basic responsibilities of the office is:-
1. To offer orientation program for new students with other members of faculty staff or outside guests.
2. Counseling and students with:-
- The choice of the faculties
- Involuntary withdrawal from the university
- Student with disabilities
- Mental health disturbances
3. Restore the student union of the university
4. Scheduling and conducting extra-curricular activities including
- Annual football tournaments
- Hosting the May 2nd events (Day of Somaliland Universities)
- Conducting debates and other lectures
- Decorating the campus
5. Strengthening Public relations of the university
6. Handling day to day student claims and disputes
- Taking disciplinary action
7. Coordinate preparation and publishing of university magazine
8. Supervision of university related residence.
Semester based action plan