There shall be one or more Vice-Presidents for the University as need arises. The Roles and Responsibilities of the Vice President for Academic Affairs are defined as follows:-
- The Vice President for Academic Affairs will under the overall guidance and supervision of the President of the University lead the Academic Division of the University and co-ordinate the different activities of the Academic Organs of the University and report directly to the President of the University.
- The VP for Academic Affairs will supervise the Academic Affairs of the Organs of the University such as the Registrar's Office and those of the Deans on a day to day basis.
- He will closely monitor and supervise the implementation of the programmes of all Faculties and Colleges of the University and report to the President the status of their functioning.
- The VP for Academic Affairs will ensure that all Academic Rules and Regulations are observed and fully implemented especially those pertaining to but not confined to contact hours, examinations, preparations and delivery of lectures and attendance of members of teaching staff.
- The VP for Academic Affairs will be fully responsible for the preparation and presentation to the President and the Council the Academic plan both Strategic and Annual of the University.
- Advise the President on staff development Policy and especially Academic Staff.
- Make recommendations on ways and means to raise and improve the quality of the Academic Programs of the University.
- He will assist in the reviewing of the Academic Programmes of the University from time to tome.
- The VP for Academic Affairs will be Acting President when both the President and the VP for A & F are away on missions outside Borama.
- The other relevant tasks that may be assigned to him by the President.
Vice President’s Office(Academic Affairs)
Omar Ali Abdillahi
Vice President, Academic Affairs