Amoud University aspires to be a centre of excellence in education and scholarship in the Horn of Africa and a pioneer in promoting understanding and peace between cultures and communities in the region.
The Mission of Amoud University is to significantly contribute to the development of the potentialities of Somali people through education and training and thus help them join in the global village.
Objectives of Amoud University
The following were set as the objectives of the University
1. To restore hope and strengthen their confidence in their Islamic faith and country and a sense of direction for the younger generation and thus reduce their tendency to get involved in anti-social activities including confrontations
2. To set an example for other regions as a practical demonstration of the benefits of the culture of peace
3. To pioneer a tradition of higher education in Somaliland and to train a new breed of professionals
4. To influence and guide the system of education in the country
5. To provide an alternative and opportunities for those who were being attracted to foreign countries under the pretext of seeking higher education.