- Sunday, 09 February 2014
Amoud University is a non-governmental, national University and open to all aspiring candidates who fulfill the admission requirements without discrimination based on sex, ethnic, origin, creed, color or religion.
All applicants must fill in an application form for the programme of interest as follows:-
Criteria for Admission of New Students into AU Undergraduate Programmes
Only students who meet the following admission requirements are allowed to enroll at the university:
- Local applicants who seek admission to AU must have first passed the General Secondary school certificate Conducted by the MoE(Ministry of Education).
- Applicants who hold general certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE) or equivalent from recognized Educational institutions will have their certificates examined and approved by the academic committees.
- An application fee of $5 is required for all applicants. This fee is non-refundable.
- Applicants should attach two passport size photographs to their application forms
NB: All Diploma students that are admitted to enroll at Amoud University have the same requirements
A transfer student is someone who has completed some university level coursework. Transfer students must have completed at least one semester units of university level coursework to be eligible to transfer to Amoud University and are required to bring with them official transcripts from their universities without providing secondary school records. Transfer students normally have a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 to be competitive for admission. At the very least a student must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 on all transferable coursework and must be in good academic standing at the last institution attended. The acceptance will be subject to the approval of the University Academic Committee.
For undergraduate programmes download from the link below
Amoud University Office of The Chief Registrar
Main Campus, Amoud University, Amoud Valley, Borama, Awdal
1. Chief Registrar
Mr. Abdillahi Abdirahman Aare
2. Deputy Registrar
Mr. Suleiman Hassan Ali
3. Assistant Registrar
Mrs. Fatuma Ali Mohamed
4. In Charge of Examinations Department
Mr. Abdirashid Ali Jama
For Postgraduate Programmes
- AU SPGSR Application Form for Postgraduate Programmes July 2015[.DOC]
- AU SPGSR Application Form for Postgraduate Programmes July 2015[.PDF]
Upon completion of the form the applicant should submit the filled in form to AU School of Postgraduate Studies and Research.
Amoud University School of Postgraduate Studies and Research
Town Campus, Borama, Awdal
Dean, AU Shool of Postgraduate Studies and Research
Dr. Mohamed Muse Jibril
Assistant Dean, AU School of Postgraduate and Research:
Mrs. Saida Abdirahman Omar
Criteria For Admission into AU Masters Programmes
To qualify for admission into the Masters degree candidates shall be:
Holders of a degree of Amoud University with Grade Points of 2.70 and above or a degree from any other recognized University and Postgraduate Diploma of Amoud University or from any other recognized University, or evidence of extensive research experience as demonstrated by publications in peer reviewed journals.
In addition to the above, applicants must meet the specific requirements of the Masters programme as approved by Senate.
- Most read